As a result of Profit's schemes involving the past, a great many things have been altered. These are some of the known details.
- The cotton gin was never invented.
- H.G. Wells is the father of role-playing games, which are a popular, socially-accessible pastime.
- The top of the Empire State Building is a gleaming silver dome.
- Frank Lloyd Wright built a famous house around Old Faithful, known as Rising Water.
- Doria's father is now some guy named Steve, with a beard.
- The streets in New York city are numbered in one direction and named after card games the other.
- The Statue of Liberty was built by French refugees grateful to their new homeland. It is nude except for the torch, and was the birthplace of the hippy movement.
- China is a pseudo-fascist empire cobbled together out of warring states.
- India runs the British Empire, and is a technologically advanced society. These days many jobs from India are being outsourced to the US due to the cheaper labor.
History got sick of things, and made another big batch of changes, hopefully permanent this time.
- New York is still New Amsterdam.
- It has a neighborhood called Brucklijn.
- Istanbul is still Byzantium.
- "You can please some of the people all of the time, and you can please all of the people some of th--no, wait, there's some people you can't please at all. There's some people that get pissed off no matter what you do. Hell, they get pissed off even if you do nothing. Screw this." -- Abraham Lincoln